Monday, February 11, 2008

I went up to Berkeley on Friday night to see A.P.P.L.E., missing the opening night of the kids' play. Bad dad. My only excuse is that I've liked A.P.P.L.E. for around twenty years and had never seen them live before (they'd been disbanded for most of that time, and hadn't left the East Coast when they were active) and that the kids had another performance on Sunday. Read my review of the A.P.P.L.E. show here (all is not happy in A.P.P.L.E.-land).

After the show, I got to sleep at about 2 AM, and got up again at 6 AM to go to class down at CSU Monterey Bay. Of course my once-a-term class would have to fall on the day after a late night out, and of course the late night out would have to fall on the evening of the school play. The class was fun - I learned how to make Powerpoint presentations, and received lots of information on web-based resources for teachers. By the time I got home I was exhausted and cranky, and should have gone to bed, but didn't.

On Sunday, I finally got to see the play. My mom came too, and Greg made it down from Berkeley for the occasion. The kids all did a great job. Alex had the title role, and his best friend was the villain. Nate and Sophie had smaller roles, but performed them well. All of the rehearsal time they logged in over the last few months really payed off.

No comments: