Sunday, February 17, 2008

I get a break from work this week. I've got an assignment or two that I have to finish up for school, but I can probably get those done tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting something approaching a normal amount of sleep too, at least for a week.

We're planning a little trip up to the Mt. Shasta area later this week. We're meeting Jay and Staci there, since it's a midway point between us and their new(ish) home in Portland. We spent the last day or so shopping for snow gear, which gets expensive when you're shopping for six. We stopped my Mel Cotton's sporting goods store the day after old Mel passed away. What a strange coincidence. While we were there, we were treated to the spectacle of a rather foul-mouthed dissatisfied customer shouting at the employees until they had to call the police on her. We managed to get some gear though. We still need a few items, including tire chains (cables, actually) in case we run into inclement weather.

Right after we get back, Willow turns five. Birthday celebrations are being planned.

No comments: