Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ice Wagon


Ice Wagon
Originally uploaded by Corbie.
It been cold at night this week - cold enough to make a miniature ice rink in the old red wagon in the yard. The integrity of the ice was soon compromised by the girls, who delighted in shattering it and flinging it about the yard.

Nate is now 8, and one more party at the local video arcade is behind us. Willow's class held a Christmas party, at which the "surprise guest" turned out to be the same Santa the girls met after the parade a few weeks ago. Nothing like a little continuity in the Santa department to ensure belief. He's a good Santa too, with a genuine beard. That helps. Willow and Sophie both got to sit on his lap again.

I'm off work this week and next. I've been spending lots of time visiting all of the local Tower Records locations in an obsessive quest for bargains. A few days ago I met up with an old friend/ex-coworker at the Tower we used to work at, and we walked around reminiscing and bargain hunting for awhile. That was fun. Today I discovered that the San Jose Tower had everything in the store priced at a dollar. I also discovered that the store manager is somebody I used to work with when I was a Tower employee. Of course, now he's out of work.

For me, it was just a bunch of shallow retail therapy. I bought loads of cool cds though.

No comments: