Thursday, December 21, 2006

I keep thinking that it's later than it is. Today is gray, with occasional rain. Jen is out doing errands. Sophie is on a play date. The rest of us are home. Off and on, I've been listening to the cds I've picked up at the Tower Records going-out-of-business sale. I've managed to put a sizeable dent in my want list, and picked up a few other things I've been curious about, all for very little money. At the moment, everything is a dollar. If you're reading this before the end of the day today, run on down to your nearest Tower and check it out. There are actually still (in my opinion, anyway) some good cds left.

To nobody's surprise (at least not to those who know me), much of the music I bought fits the mood evoked by gray, rainy days. It's going to take a little while for all of this music to sink in. I hope the days stay gray. It's comforting somehow.

Unfortunately, all of this music consumption reminds me that I've been stuck in a creative rut myself. I haven't drawn or written much (outside of blogging) lately. I think most of my extra energy is spent on work and family. In fact, Willow is in the room now, so I'm going to hang out with her now.

No comments: