Saturday, October 28, 2006

Look Out!


Look Out!
Originally uploaded by Corbie.
One of the good things about the hub host job is that I get Friday off, but still get paid for a forty hour work week. So Friday, instead of working, I went with everybody to the pumpkin patch. Alex actually used some of his own money so he could get a pumpkin larger than what we were willing to shell out for. The other kids were happy with slightly smaller pumpkins. For once, I didn't get one for myself, although I did get to carve Willow and Sophie's pumpkins. Alex's too, but he designed it. Nate carved his own. The boys seem to have developed an obsession with knives, and both proceeded to leave their jack-o-lanterns with pumpkin carving knives jutting out of them. I used to do this too. Not sure why - maybe it was all of the horror movies I watched at an impressionable age. Maybe it's just a boy thing, since we try not to expose our boys to that kind of entertainment.

Jen's getting some time away from home this weekend. Last night she went out with friends, and today she's out shopping with her mom. Willow and I are hanging out at home, playing board games and eating cookies. Willow has a fever, but seems to have improved over last night.

Later, I get to earn some extra money by going to work and staying there, awake, all night. A weekend group renting the site is paying me $30 an hour to be a night supervisor. I think the teachers are worried that their high school students will try to sneak out and make mischief. My job: catch them and send them back to bed. I might blog about how things are progressing sometime in the middle of the night. We'll see...

No comments: