Friday, October 06, 2006

Cloudy Hills


Cloudy Hills
Originally uploaded by Corbie.
The rainy season snuck up behind us and smacked us in the head this week. It felt nice. The trails around my work are no longer dusty, and the newts are out foraging around for worms. Our night hike and the all day hike (pictured here) were moist. I neglected to wear any rain gear, but didn't mind. It was nice just to get out in the rain and fog and mud. I'm sure I'll be changing my tune by January or so, but for now I am content.

This was also the first week this season during which no snakes were found. I did come across a few scorpions, including one missing a claw, and a caddisfly larva that had made its home inside a little piece of stick.

On Tuesday night I went up to San Francisco to see Celtic Frost. Read more about it here. Read Umlaut's report here.

In the car, I've been listening to the Cowboy Junkies. It's just the time of year when their music meshes well with everything.

Tomorrow, Jen and I are going to her sister's wedding, which is being held in the same place that an old friend of mine got married a decade or so ago on Halloween.

No comments: