Saturday, July 08, 2023

Little Free Library Surprise

 I ordered some books online recently, one of which was Alasdair Reynolds' Eversion. I've long been a fan of his somewhat more realistic take on the whole "space opera" genre. The realism no-doubt comes from his day job as an astrophysicist. 

I mention this particular book purchase because Jeanine saw it on the bed yesterday and had a deja-vu moment, along the lines of "I just saw that book somewhere recently." 

It turns out somebody had put a copy of it in our Little Free Library in the front yard. So, I could literally have walked out the front door and picked the book out of the library and it would have taken less time than clicking the keyboard button to order it. Not to mention less money. In my defense, usually when new stuff shows up in the library it's self-help for the helpless, religious pamphlets, or some other similarly unreadable tripe. I'm glad at least one nearby person has some taste. I just wish I'd noticed sooner.

We took a little trip to put some books in another free library today as well, mostly because Jeanine had noticed one that needed filling. 


No comments: