Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christ Mess

 Of late, my pattern is to post here whenever I have a couple of weeks off. My recharging time needs to be longer these days, I guess. I'd hate to discover what things would be like if I had a less appealing job. As things stand, work weeks fly by like plummeting falcons, and the weeks off aren't much slower. That's one of the problems with getting older - we never have as much time left as we think we do, and the clocks are all ticking out grindcore beats. Long gone are days when December lasted months. This year, my holiday shopping was mostly confined to the last week. We plan a small gathering later today. Most of us have had booster shots, and many of us avoid crowds. I know I do.

I'm still focusing on bird photography (pun intended), and lately I've taken to using eBird to report findings. According to eBird, my life list stands at 192 species, although there are a bunch of birds that I saw when I wasn't counting. I may add a couple more to the list before the end of the year. 

I plan to post here again before the end of the year with a more fleshed-out reflection (although I had an epiphany earlier this year about how I don't really "plan" - I'm more of a spur-of-the-moment improvisor type in everything I do, from teaching to playing music). Happy holidays, may they be Omicron free.

Typed to the merry tune of: Mandible Chatter "Drinking Out the Hourglass"

No comments: