Saturday, September 11, 2021

The Tides of Time Don't Quite Wash Everything Away

Today marks the 20 year anniversary of weaponized airplanes forever changing the skyline of NYC, not to mention the more subtle changes this inspired in the minds of the American public. Tomorrow marks the 1.5 year anniversary of the last time I worked a normal week of science camp. One can hardly compare these two events, I realize, but here they are, sharing a paragraph. 

We have a mere 30 students attending camp this coming week, split into 3 cabin/field class cohorts. Wednesday will mark the first night hike I will have led since the pandemic started. I had a full three weeks off in August, during which I did very little. This was followed by a couple weeks of training and gearing up for the school year, during which details were ironed (and re-ironed) out. We'll have to see how this coming week plays out. 

Written to the pulsing tones of Xambuca "Thaum"

No comments: