Sunday, April 08, 2018

Trips So Far This Year

My last post was way back in the benighted month of January. Now, with Spring struggling to be born, I suddenly got an urge to click out a few words, if for no other reason than to briefly document a couple of trips taken during the opening months of 2018.

Back in January, Jeanine, Eva, Willow, and I took a trip to Las Vegas for this year's Twist and Shout convention. Jeanine and Eva got there earlier and stayed later than Willow and I did (our truncated trip was due to school and work). It was a brief trip, during which we stayed in a couple of different hotels. During our stay on Fremont Street, we checked out the Fear The Walking Dead attraction, walked to the nearby natural history museum, a record store, and a bookstore, and wandered the off-strip strip. Willow and I experienced our first Uber ride on our way back to the airport. Quite convenient.

Check out my photo set here.

While we were gone, one of the cats (or possibly more than one) managed to upend the Corn Snake tank, meaning that when I got home, there were two snakes loose in the house. Within days, Dexter alerted me to the location of the first one. Dexter is the only cat not on the suspect list. Weeks later, Brian (who is definitely on the list of suspects), found the other one hiding behind our non-operational dishwasher. Problem solved.

Our other trip was to Richmond, so Jeanine could say goodbye to her friend, Debs, who had been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. A bunch of like-minded friends of hers converged on a local mall and created a beautiful garden scene out of balloons. Despite what could be considered a grim reason behind the trip, we had an enjoyable stay, visiting the Poe Museum, the Hollywood Cemetery, Belle Isle, some record stores, and a few other places, some of historical interest, and some of culinary appeal.

Check out my photo set here.

Debs passed away earlier this week. I'm glad I got to meet her before she went. Here's a short article courtesy of the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

No comments: