Friday, April 22, 2016

Moonrise and Rainfall

There is a full moon rising behind me as I type. It's slashed with dark bands of cloud as it climbs. Beautiful.

The kids at camp were a bit rough around the edges this week, but the verdant surroundings and the sounds of Spring made up for it. Some of the kids were helpful and thoughtful, which helped make up for the ones who had a tendency toward the opposite end of the spectrum.

One of this kids wrote this on his feedback form:


Apparently I look like a German man.

On the other side, he explained that his cabin leader possessed an excellent face. What an odd kid.

With some help from the kids, I made a mandala with oak woodland detritus. It turned out nicely, and different from the ones I've helped make in the Redwood forests.


Today, it rained. I never know when the last rain storm of the season will hit. This might have been it.

No comments: