Friday, April 04, 2014

Fear of Being Eaten By A Cormorant While Falling From the Golden Gate Bridge

More rain fell this week. On Monday, it percolated down through all three layers of clothing, turning me into a soggy mess. I didn't check, but I'm pretty sure this particular storm blew in from the north. I led my group of kids down rushing rivulets that had once been trails, and they were good sports about it. The slugs and worms were out in force, making the robins happy.

There was a kid in my group who was so into bugs that he referred to species by their scientific names. He said he wanted to be an entomologist when he grows up. My kind of kid. As all weeks do, this one flew by. Next week marks my third in a row at the Cupertino site.

Over the previous weekend, Jeanine, Eva, Willow, and I went up to San Francisco to do some letterboxing. Our quest first took us to the Hotel Vertigo, which was a location for a certain famous film.


Then, we went out to the Golden Gate Bridge, which coincidentally also served as a backdrop for scenes from the same film.


While we were there, we witnessed a Cormorant doing some heavy duty snacking. Cormorants take their snacking quite seriously.

No comments: