Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Another Week Begins...

A glorious sickle moon reaped the horizon as I drove to work, but by the time I arrived there, the final, shining tip had been swallowed by the hills. There was supposed to be a meteor shower right after sunset tonight, but I missed that part. The moon was beauty enough.

I forgot to mention a funny thing about the kids I had to wake up last week. I made an exception to my policy of meeting the kids beforehand and having them show me where they were sleeping, instead relying on a hand drawn map with directions to their bunks. One of the teachers messed up though, and for two nights in a row, I woke up the wrong kid. Both nights, he got up and used the bathroom, never thinking to wonder why I was waking him up in the middle of the night. Meanwhile, the kid who I was supposed to be waking up was quietly wetting his bed on the bunk below. This week, I only have one kid to wake up, and I know where he is sleeping.

Oh yeah, and one of the girls I woke up every night last week is actually on Willow's soccer team. I hadn't recognized her. It's a small world...

Currently listening to: Wovenhand "Live in Novi Sad Synagogue, 2011" on Youtube.

No comments: