Monday, September 30, 2013

Autumnal Chill

It's getting chilly at night, although not quite as chilly as the weekend we spent in the mountains a week ago. I'll have a full report on that up on my music blog soon.

As I let the chickens out of the coop this morning, Doodle the rooster greeted the day by crowing. He's got to stop doing that or somebody is liable to call the authorities. Roosters aren't legal to have in suburbia. Jeanine thinks that he might only crow if he is let out of the coop before the sun is all the way up. We'll have to experiment a bit.

We're already three weeks into the outdoor school season. This week, it was discovered that at least one of the cabins has some unwelcome bedfellows... uh, I mean bed bugs. Damn. I'd never actually seen a bed bug before. Now I can cross that off of my list. Joy.

Speaking of joy, a couple of my favorite coworker friends just had a baby late last night. Good for them.

Willow's soccer team had a tournament this weekend, but lost all three games. It wasn't for lack of trying or skill either. In fact, the games were pretty intense. Willow always ends up with a red face. I ran into my old friend Todd and his family on the field too. It's funny how we both grew up to be soccer dads.

Also, the toilet is leaking and refusing to refill. Oh, the joys of home ownership.

No comments: