Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jeanine has introduced me to the adventurous pastime known as Letterboxing, which could be described as the low-tech version of geocaching. Follow the link and check it out. There are all sorts of different ways to be creative with this. Both of our daughters are excited about it too, both because of the intrinsic merits of the hobby and because many of the letterboxes are hidden in parks and other fun places. For instance, the next one I plan on finding is hidden near an ice cream place.

Other than this, there really isn't a whole lot new to report. The season is slowly sliding towards Winter, with temperatures dropping and occasional rainstorms bringing much needed water to the area. I had my first tofurkey this Thanksgiving, which is funny when one considers that I've been vegetarian for over 20 years now.

I've been posting more often over at my music blog, mainly because I've been going to a lot of gigs lately. Right now, I'm disappointed that Einsturzende Neubauten, who were scheduled to play in San Francisco on my birthday, have canceled their tour due to problems with obtaining the proper visas on time. I'm still looking for something to do instead. Perhaps we'll go whale watching or something.

No comments: