Monday, August 06, 2007

FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY

The five year anniversary of this site came and went while I was looking the other way. My first post here was on July 31, 2002, and was inspired by Jen starting a blog a couple of weeks earlier than that. Since then, it has become a habit, although I've slowed down a bit. I no longer try to post every day during the week - more like once or twice a week, if that. This is due largely to life getting in the way of writing about life. I used to sit down at the computer after coming home from my night job, when the house was quiet and I did my best thinking (or reflecting, at any rate). Due to the diurnal schedule I've kept for the last three years, I no longer have a guaranteed quiet time every day. Jen and I are both working full time now, so there's not a lot of time for slumping in front of the computer and trying to compose posts. That said, most of my posts are pretty stream-of-consciousness anyway. I've never agonized over the quality of what I type here. I just sort of blurt it out and hit "publish". Not that it matters. I'm not trying to win any writing awards here.

As always, this site has no real direction other than the one that I follow in life. It goes where I go. My schedule is likely to change again soon. I'm gearing up to earn my teaching credentials, and I'm going to try my hand at being the night supervisor at work - if they actually get around to hiring for it (the process is trapped in some sort of bureaucratic spider web at the moment, it seems). Right now though, I've just started the third-to-last week of summer camp, so for the time being life is still relatively the same.

I still have fun going back and reading early posts. Lots of things have changed over the past five years. I wonder what life will be like five years from now?

Oh, I've decided to start entitling posts. Just because.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good day to You. This my post is not in fact relevant to any of Yours, but I thought I just give it a try and ask. I've found that more than once You refer in Your posts to the "Stone Breath" group. That one is keeping my attention for a while and I have by now listened to "A Silver Thread To Weave The Season" and "Songs of Moonlight and Rain". It is not however possible for me to get any other of their creative works, although I would like to listen to the "Green Shrouds for Dead Gods..." or "The Long Lost Friend" or in fact to any of their late albums. So that is my plead - could You possibly share any of the albums?
Best wishes, Maxim.