Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sophie:

"Papa, you're a sissy!"

Now she's bouncing little plastic basketballs on the keyboard while I'm typing this, making it very hard for me to concentrate.

The temperatures dropped enough over Thursday night that on Friday there was a light dusting of snow on the tops of the local hills. In the East Bay, the hills were white.

Jen is away at Woolfcamp, a blog writing retreat, in Santa Cruz today, and is staying there until tomorrow night. It's a well earned break for her. The boys are going to the drive-in with a friend tonight. Sophie, Willow, and I are hanging out at home.

Next week I don't work, but I'm supposed to have jury duty. As always, jury duty would be a financial hardship, so I'll make sure to let them know that if I am actually instructed to report to a courthouse somewhere. Or maybe I'll just act like a hillbilly or express some harsh opinions about the legal system or police officers. It's a thought, anyway.

The girls are hungry. Time to go whip up some glop to eat.

No comments: